Roll of Thunder, Hear my Cry  

Posted by Zee

The rainfront finally broke through this morning. Rain had been promised since the start of the week, and rain came finally. Delayed but certainly welcome.


I think it's the first time I've heard thunder in Melbourne. Sure, there've been small showers from time to time, but nothing like real rain. As I made my way to RMIT at noon, it felt good to be in the cold again. The rain fell softly, pelting against my skin as I waited for the lights to change. People were shivering as they shuffled on the sidewalk, blowing into palms held close to their face, burrowing deeper into warm lined jackets. I was wearing just a thin shirt and berms, but I smiled at the rain and walked on.

This entry was posted on 2009-04-03 at Friday, April 03, 2009 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments:

Post a Comment