If She Returns In Kind  

Posted by Zee

This place looks really unfamiliar... Haha. I know I haven't been on here for a few days now, but I've been really busy with the last assignment. Not so much working on it, then just generally feeling lazy. The night after I'd handed it up, it was as though there was all this pent up energy released, I was literally bouncing off the walls.

It's been pretty cold again since it rained on Friday. Funny how we complain it's too hot when the temperatures are high and then yearn for the cold when it turns chilly. I feel the best weather is when it's cold and the sun is shining on you. Bliss.

Anyway a strange thing happened that day. I was taking the lift up to my apartment on the eighth floor and wasn't really paying attention. Then the lift door opened. I glanced up at the display and it showed the 7th floor. Ok. I didn't press the 7th floor did I? I noticed that the light on the control panel had gone out, so this was the floor that I had chosen and it wasn't a case of someone outside wanting to get in. Hmm, did I accidentally press the wrong floor? I peered out and did a double take. Wait a minute, this is the 8th floor!

They have these paintings hanging directly opposite the lift doors you see, and it's a different pair for every level and I notice the pair in front of me as those on the 8th floor (I think they're quite ugly. There are better ones on other levels. Maybe I'll swap them one day just for laughs). So there I am, hesitating and wondering what the hell is going on. Another quick look at the lift floor display. Yepp, no mistake, 7th floor. Looked out again, the sign says "Level 8". Weird. There was this surreal moment when I decided if it was a good idea to step out or simply stay in the lift. In the end, I gave in and walked out and the lift doors closed on me. Maybe I watch too much Asian horror movies. You know, when the lift opens on another dimension? I blame you, Deborah for mentioning that the lifts here are haunted. *cue horror theme*

Today wasn't all that great a day to be honest. Lucinda put up the Nick D profile as one of her examples during the lecture and rewrote a section of it. I admit that I loved the rewrite. Might have done the same if I had Nick answering any questions I had while I was writing it or if I had a longer time to interview him (I mean, his friends' names? I'd taken so much creative license in writing the piece that I was hesitant to give them fake names ahaha). And the tutorial wasn't much better. I got back my personal column piece, which Lucinda said was too long and clunky and needed some work which I totally agree with her. I know it's not one of my best pieces but at least it's a draft. Darius got quite a good review, nice one. Though I'm not sure if he didn't divulge any military secrets he shouldn't have hehe. I'm sure he doesn't want to be deported and dragged back to Singapore. Oh and there was this new girl in class today, sitting quietly in a corner, small and mousy. I guess Lucinda making us repeat everyone's name over and over again at the start of term had an effect. I can spot an outsider at ten paces.

Oh and Easter Break is coming up. The last of lessons are tomorrow, then we have a one week break. Anyone doing anything interesting then?

This entry was posted on 2009-04-08 at Wednesday, April 08, 2009 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 comments:

AnT said...

I'll know she's mine...

Zee said...

Hey blame my iPod. I was at a loss for titles when the song came on shuffle.

Post a Comment