Where did the weekend go?  

Posted by Zee

The internet connection here in the apartment is painfully slow at times. I suspect some idiot is downloading stuff. Damn you to the deepest corner of hell. Yes sit in the chair facing the lava wall. Now hold your ears and stick out your tongue. Yaah to you too.

You know one thing I miss about home? Besides being able to just switch on the telly and catch live broadcasts of the English Premier League. It's the coverage in The New Paper the very next day. For example, after Arsenal beat Roma on penalty kicks in the Champions League, you'd have expected 4 to 5 pages of painstaking and endless coverage and writeups. They'd have analysed every penalty kick, given ratings for the players, told us what both the managers said in the post match interview, plus provide lots of pictures. Here in Melbourne, it's relegated to a small column in the inner pages, behind the cricket, behind the footie, behind the basketball, behind the sport gossip pages, just barely in front of the horse racing, and I'm guessing it's because they need space for the racing spread. Grr.
But I just received an email from school today about a special subscription to the Herald Sun for AU$20. At least that'll save me some money. Only bad thing? You gotta trek to school every weekday to get it. And on weekends, they drop it at your place. However, I wonder how I'm gonna get the weekend copy, given that the reception downstairs is closed on Sunday.

The weather's turned cold lately. Besides the rain in midweek, the night has turned chilly. I remember it was a freezing 11 degrees. I was wearing socks and a jacket in front of the computer. Doesn't help that there's a draught coming from the window and from under the door. My toes are frostbitten.

Oh and on the advice of my Professional Writing lecturer/tutor, I am now on Twitter. Do you Twitter too? Are you a Twitterer like me? That sounds mildy amusing.

I've also read through the entire Professional Writing dossier. At least that'll stand me in good stead for personal participation marks tomorrow, where we're supposed to grade ourselves on the past week. I gave myself a low mark on purpose last week and the rest of my group mates were sheepishly admitting they were going to give themselves a lower mark too. Mind you, that's what they said, not that I noticed any correction later.

Beth C from Popo's writing a novel. Maybe I should start on mine too. It's been ages since I've wanted to write one. But the 'P' monster always rears its head. I shouldn't have an excuse nowadays.

Been to the gym quite a bit of late. Just running and running and running a lot. Till the sweat pours down and the tears come to my eyes. I've yet to see any visible effect. Maybe in a year.

This entry was posted on 2009-03-16 at Monday, March 16, 2009 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments:

Post a Comment