Some were born to sing the blues  

Posted by Zee


It's been awhile since I updated. Just like that, the second week of lectures, tutorials and practicals have flown by. Procrastination seems to be my greatest enemy. You know how easy it is to put things off for just that one more day. It'll never do.

Oh and it's been raining these past few days. The weather reports have been warning of thunderstorms all week long, but compared to Singapore, what we have here can be described as nothing more than a drizzle or a light rain.

I can't say I miss home. Two years of National Service in the Army and then the Navy have made me mentally stronger. I can more or less get used to anything. But just today, the Singaporean lecturer for the Communication and Social Relations tutorial was trying to show advertisement images from the Uniquely Singapore campaign and there was this one picture that showed a beaming tourist attacking a table groaning under the weight of local delicacies. I could literally named them all, char siew, popiah, laksa, prawn noodles, ice kachang... I tasted them all in that one instance, and missed home.

Title is taken from the lyrics for Journey's Don't Stop Believin'

This entry was posted on 2009-03-13 at Friday, March 13, 2009 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments:

Post a Comment