Oomba Moomba  

Posted by Zee

The highlight of the Moomba festival was a huge parade down Swanston Street this morning (or rather yesterday morning since it's now past midnight). Huge procession, lots of spectators, great atmosphere. It passes right down the street in front of my apartment so it's literally at my doorstep. I'd expect you dear readers want pictures and perhaps videos. But I'm sorry to disappoint you since I missed the WHOLE thing.

I have to admit I was tossing and turning in my bed, wishing they (at that point I thought they were the Hare Krishna people) would just shut the hell up and go away. There you have it. A missed opportunity.

And as a result, I can't seem to go to sleep now. Classes tomorrow, but then again the first lecture is right next door.

This entry was posted on 2009-03-10 at Tuesday, March 10, 2009 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments:

Post a Comment