Memorable  

Posted by Zee

No there was nothing particularly memorable about today other than the fact that it was my first day back at school after a long hiatus. Memorable's just what we were supposed to write about during Professional Writing Practical.

Apparently we have to set up a blog. So that's two blogs I have to maintain now. Sorry if I ain't exactly jumping for joy. But at least it's something that's doable, rather than crazy physics theories or cranky math sums.

So back to today. Nothing all that special about my first lecture apart from the fact that the lecture theatre is right next door to where I live at the moment. So it was a matter of going down 8 stories and popping out the front door and there I was. Ron was visibly fidgeting after 10 to 15mins. Celine, who's someone new we met today (also from Malaysia btw) and hasn't exactly got her schedule down pat due to the fact that she arrived late and missed enrolment, was faring no better, looking politely bemused and wondering aloud if it was her thing in the first place.

The second lecture was across the road, right smack in the middle of the main campus, 10th floor of building 8. I learnt a lesson today. It's quicker taking the escalators up rather than wait for the lift. The room was stuffy (and full) and we were told that Professional Writing was NOT Creative Writing *mock horror*

So after that was a 2 hour break, which allowed me to pop back to the apartment for a bit. Yes I know, horribly convenient isn't it? Which is probably what I had in mind when I chose it, mind you. I'm a lazy bum, I am.

The practical was held in one of the computer labs which required security access. So there was the usual crowd of mystifed students milling around outside the security doors until we figured it out. We started off doing the usual name game icebreaker. You know, you go around the room and try to remember everyone's name? Everyone's gotta do it once. In fact, I can still recite the order by heart. Lemme go now (keep in mind this is like 8 hours ago).

*deep breath* Georgia, Helen, Nick, Ernie, Darius, Zee (Me!), Bella, Zara, Ming, Deborah, Kenneth (doing the course for a second time!), Timothy, Pei Lin, Hannah, Emma, Madeline, Michelle, Beth, Michaela and Clara.

There you go. Kinda hard to forget once you've heard it so many times. Oh and some of the boy sounding names are really girls, so you can guess the gender ratio is once again kinda skewered.

Weather wise, it was really hot today. Not stifling and humidly hot like in Singapore,but more the stuffy kind. The wind was blowing (gale force apparently, but I still think the ones at Tuas were way stronger since I had difficulty walking with those) but it was all hot air. Everyone received smses about the weather from the Victorian Police the night before though, so you can't really say it was unexpected. More warm weather expected tomorrow...

This entry was posted on 2009-03-03 at Tuesday, March 03, 2009 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments:

Post a Comment