Aching Fingers and Throttled Pens  

Posted by Zee

School starts tomorrow! And I'm seriously considering getting my own lappie. I'm sick and tired of waiting for the school to get it's act together while visiting Internet cafes daily.

Went down to Swanston Library for some serious studying yesterday. I have to admit it's all new for me, wandering around that expense of space and trying to figure out where all the books I wanted were. Managed to get two of those listed on the course guide though, namely Walter Truett Anderson's The Truth About The Truth and Lawrence Cahoone's From Modernism To Postmodernism. Yes I know, that's like really deep, but what can I do? My contextual major is Philosophy and Lit anyway. If I wanted to take it easy, I'd have gone for watching movies every week (yes that's an option).

So there I sat, scribbling away furiously on my notepad while I churned the pages. It's been a long time since I did anything like this. It felt foreign. My hands were hurting from gripping the pencil within minutes and my scrawl looked more chickenshit than ever.

I used to be able to write really nice in tiny script but that ability seems to have been lost in the winds of time. It looks awful now.

But it felt good. Darn, it really did, in a way. I really have to figure out how to borrow books.

And get a laptop, so I don't have to constantly laboriously record everything word for word on my Blackberry.

This entry was posted on 2009-03-02 at Monday, March 02, 2009 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments:

Post a Comment