Weekend Wallies  

Posted by Zee

It's past midnight and the wallies down the hall are still making lots of noise. I can hear banging on tables and racuous cheers. Sound like they're having fun in there. What happened to the notice from management talking about how there should be total silence after 10pm? Ignored apparently, just like the one about how you should dispose of your rubbish properly. Ha!

The light bulb in the corridor outside is flickering madly too. I'm sure it does wonders for the ambience of the place. Fits in well with what Deborah was going on that day. I told her I was staying at Unilodge at Swanston and she was like, "Woah! Isn't that the haunted place? You know it's haunted don't you?" Thanks like I really wanted to know.

Apparently, she claims that people have reported voices in the lift. And even screaming when you're all alone in them at night. Strange, I've never experienced that. And you think I would have noticed if someone struck up some kind of intelligent conversation with me while we're riding the lift down. How much can you talk about in less than a minute? Hi, bye and then the weather? I'm outta here, man. Then again, I'm usually too preoccupied with the musty smell. You know, the various places in the apartment have their own unique smells. The hallways smells differently from the lift, for example. I'm not entirely convinced that the pong from the time they had to clean up vomit outside my door has cleared.

So today was the end of another school week at RMIT. Time flies doesn't it? Just wonderful. More assignments, essays and presentations coming up probably. I handed in my first today for Social Relations. All you needed to get a pass grade was to have 6 pictures in there. Maybe there's someone who failed Math.

So there I was, gleefully considering all the meaningful ways I could spend the rest of my day. Then I get back to the apartment, put down my stuff, lie down for a snooze and next thing I know, it's 6pm. Bleagh. And I've just realised that I missed lunch as a result.

So all I got to do for the day was some groceries. Oh and I picked up a weighing scale on my way back. It's official. I've lost 3kg since I touched down in Melbourne. More gym trips for me then. I promise to visit tomorrow. Really, I do.

P.S Those selfish bastards down the hall are still making a hell of racket. Anyone know any contract killers in Melbourne?

This entry was posted on 2009-03-27 at Friday, March 27, 2009 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments:

Post a Comment