Food Diary: Yamamizu Japanese Cafe  

Posted by Zee


Where: 272 Swanston Street

Cuisine: Japanese

Ordered: Katsu Don

Cost: AU$9

Review: Had the urge to try some Japanese fare today and was too lazy to walk far from the apartment. Luckily for me, there are cafes sprinkled down the length of Swanston Street. I stopped to examine the menu outside the store before the waitress came out and offered me a seperate menu of dishes. So I was enticed in. It was around 2pm, and the place was about half full. I got myself an empty table and my order was taken shortly. Besides the dish, I got myself an ice blended chocolate (AU$3.50). Delicious. Unfortunately, the same couldn't be said about the main course. The taste was uneven, salty at times. The pork was tender but as I mentioned, some bits were too salty while others bland. It was just kinda weird. I guess I'm spoilt in Singapore heh. I didn't finish the rice in the end and it wasn't exactly a huge portion.

Ratings (Out of 5)

Service: 3
Nothing wrong here but then again the waiters weren't exactly busy. They were just standing around and chatting at times.

Ambience: 3
Once again, nothing special. Clean, nondescript.

Taste: 2
I probably wouldn't go back. There are plenty of Japanese cafes along the strip so unless the rest are even worse...

This entry was posted on 2009-03-22 at Sunday, March 22, 2009 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments:

Post a Comment