Food Diary: Chatter Box Curry & Noodle Bar  

Posted by Zee



Where: 18 Tivoli Arcade, off Bourke Street

Cuisine: Asian

Ordered: Crispy Chicken Rice

Cost: AU$8.30

Review: This trip was at Darius' recommendation. He'd been raving about it since the first time I met him. The dish comes with either a maple sauce or curry sauce (if requested). The chicken was crispy and hard, but definitely delicious. The rice, my pet peeve, was warm rather than hot for once. I can see why Darius claims he can eat this every day. I might have to try the Bak Kut Teh (AU$8) that Jolene ordered when she arrived. With tau pok added in a delicious looking soup base, it certainly looks appetising too.

Ratings (Out of 5)

Service: 3
You have to order at the counter from the aunty at the cashier, much like back home. Food arrived within 5 minutes, but I can't be sure because I was discussing something or other with Darius. No fuss dining.

Ambience: 2
It's just like a hawker store, of the kind you can find in Paradiz in Singapore. We took to seating outside, which was shady and when the cold wind blew (Yes Darius did sing the army song lol), it did feel a little chilly.

Taste: 4
Good food finally :D And the price is reasonable too, considering the average price of a meal in Melbourne. I will most likely make a second trip back when the urge strikes me.

This entry was posted on 2009-03-20 at Friday, March 20, 2009 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments:

Post a Comment