Writer's Block  

Posted by Zee

I read through my previous two entries and I don't quite like 'em. They seem strained... almost forced. That's what happens when i force myself to write.

There's a common term for it. Writer's block. I'm sure you've heard that somewhere. It's also a favourite excuse for us writers, but nonetheless a valid one. It's not so much a case of not being able to write for us, but more a case of writing unreadable stuff. I can't remember a time when I started writing when I didn't feel like it and actually produced something nice. It just doesn't happen. Call it procrastination if you want, but inspiration is what gets me going, and without it, I'm kind of helpless. Which doesn't bode well for me if I'm to follow that as a career path by the way.

Moving on, can I state for the record once again that I'm utterly bored? I stayed in bed as long as I could this morning and turned on the television to see the tv anchor promising morning rainfall. Which didn't materialise anyway. I'm hoping their prediction of real warm weather tomorrow is about as accurate as their earlier reports of high temperatures last weekend (which was inaccurate). The cold winds are whipping through the city, especially in the late afternoon these past few days. Chin Swee was sorta blue in the face when I met up with him that day, wearing two shirts and all, but I have to say, anything above 10 and I'm fine with a T-shirt.

Finally bought some plates and a mug so I can stop eating off my lap. I wonder how many trips I've to make across the street before I remember everything I need. At the moment, I'm averaging a trip a day. Thank god I'm living where I am. Oh yeah, tomorrow will see my scurrying back for some dishwashing liquid.

I went to the gym yesterday and hit the treadmill for about 45mins. My calfs are aching today but it's a good kind of ache. It's been ages since I ran. In fact, apart from a few rounds (typically 20) around the driveway back home, I've hardly been on a long run since leaving the navy. Which explains my chubby built at the moment probably. But no problemo, it'll be gone pretty soon. I'm averaging about two meals a day. Don't ask me why, but I don't feel as hungry in Melbourne.

I'm suspecting I may have lost a little weight. My new pair of jeans keeps trying to fall down on me. So it's stride, stride, yank, stride, stride, yank... You get the idea.

And I just realised yesterday that I didn't bring a cable along for my camera. So unless i find one in the city (unlikely), there'll be no pictures till at least July. Booooooo!

This entry was posted on 2009-02-22 at Sunday, February 22, 2009 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments:

Post a Comment