Comm Orientation  

Posted by Zee

At 10am today, I was seated in Casey Plaza Theatre in a row with Roy, Brana and Shirley. The place was full to the brim and students were overflowing into the sides. Crystal was somewhere down below on her own because she'd arrived early. Ha! May was nowhere to be seen. Lots of other familar faces though. But few names to go with them.

Was pretty boring at first, but not as bad as yesterday. Roy and Shirley were on either side, playing with identical phones they'd just got. I contented myself by ticking off with my fingers the number of "Um..."s the girl from RMITV used. 28 when she was done, and that wasn't couting the few I missed at the start. So we were told how to use the RMIT website and whatnot on campus and then after an hour, it was time for a campus tour!

Unfortunately, the student volunteer spoke softly and looked totally lost at sea. We were constantly backtracking and stuff and a typical description went like this "This is the library. There are computer terminals here and books and... *mumble mumble mumble* It was to quote one of my mates, "the blind leading the blind". Met three new people today. There was Tim (the Man U fan wearing the Barca T), Evangeline and Darius (Two more Singaporeans! Hooray!). But as I mentioned later, it's strange that everyone I've come into contact with is doing exemptions. Am I the only one here doing the full course? Will I be the only one left by the third year? Darius said there were a few girls doing 3 years too but somehow I haven't met any. He then proceeded to try to give me a few tips in chatting up girls. Erm right, mate. Is that going to help anything? I mean looky here. People I've met so far in my course: Roy, Brana, Darius, Shirley, May, Crystal, Evangeline, Valerie, Natasha. That's 3 boys to 6 girls. I think it's more a case of luck then anything else heh.

Had lunch with Brana and Shirley at Rose Garden on Elizabeth Street. Portions were large and service was quick. Wasn't half bad and they do takeaways so I may be back soon. So what have I got planned this weekend? Well there's the football (Ok soccer. Everytime I say football, people presume I mean footie) tomorrow at 7.30pm at Telstra Dome. And that's practically it. Hoo-freaking-ray...

This entry was posted on 2009-02-27 at Friday, February 27, 2009 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments:

Post a Comment